Frohes Neues Jahr 2020, und auf Wiedersehen Google!
For the start of this decade: it has been decided to remove all of our Google Cloud offers. There is a lot to say, so let’s start!
- Google Cloud is not user-centric: their Abuse department just deletes data of customers without prior notice (Google Team/Shared Drives). The goal of Google’s Abuse department is precisely to spread abuse (not get rid of it).
- It is impossible to contact a support agent for G-Suite products if you are not the administrator of the account.
- Google would track you again and again: clicks, GPS, past searches, etc.
- Google tries to care about the advertisers (their real customers) but they fleece them with Google Ads: “go ahead and bid against each other!”.
- Google SEO (or lack thereof) is a disaster for anyone working in this field: be a king today, and get last tomorrow. Their algorithm probably have elements of randomness coded into it. It is good to know that the search results you got today will be shuffled the next day. The user is just a guinea pig after all: just turn the wheel and pick the most relevant result yourself.
- Controversial YouTubers have their videos deleted within 10 Protokoll (censorship).
- Any article can now be indexed in Google News (fake news anyone?).
- Google is now creating more abandoned projects than successful ones: AngularJS, Google Plus+, the list goes on: https://killedbygoogle.com — imagine how the employees whom worked on those projects feel?
- Their API calls limits are too low: you take the effort to write a script to do many tasks, only to reach the daily limit in 15 Protokoll. You will need to re-run your script over many days: thanks!
- This article (or the entire domain name) will get penalized because it will be considered anti-Google (it is ok to show your true colors).
It is fine: if you trash your users then your users will trash you back. Competitors rejoy!